Tambon Makamloung Administrative Organization
1. General Information
Tambon Makamloung Administrative Organization is located at 34/1 Moo 2, Ban Makamloung, Sunpatong district, Chiang Mai, southerly 5 kilometers from Sunpatong District Office or 20 kilometers from the city of Chiang Mai.
The North borders with Tambon Toongtom.
The South borders with Tambon Maeka.
The East borders with Tambon Toontom.
The West borders with Tambon Yuwa.
Total areas are about 8.7 kilometers or 5,500 rai of land covering 7 villages.
A general topography is considered the flatland with best conditions for cultivation practices and agriculture.
1.4 Climate and weather
The cold season starts from October-January with an average temperature 10-15 C.
The hot season starts from February-May with an average temperature 30-40 C.
The rainy season starts from June-October with an average temperature 19-25 C.
1.5 Number of villages
There are totally 7 villages as followings.
Moo 1 – Ban Kuan
Moo 2 – Ban Makamloung
Moo 3 – Ban Sankayom
Moo 4 – Ban Pachu
Moo 6 – Ban Tonkaew
Moo 7 – Ban Rongnam
Moo 9 – Ban Dongkhilek
Other two villages located in the areas of Tambon Banklang Municipality as follow.
Moo 5 – Ban Toongfabod
Moo 8 – Ban Taenthongkuangmuen
|Village name||No.of household|| ||No. of population|| |
| || || ||male||female||total|
2. Economic condition
-Agriculture and most favorable occupations are cultivation practices like rice farming andcattle raising.
- Household industry such as a factory producing pickled vegetables.
- Other occupations found in the areas are laboring and selling.
3. Social condition
5 Schools for Primary level (Grade 1-6)
- Ban Kuan School
- Ban Rongnam School
1 Child Development Center
- Child Development Center of Wat Makamloung
3 Newspaper Service Centers
3.2 Institutions and religious organizations
There are totally 7 Temples as follows.
3.3 Arts and cultures
The annual festivals are described below.
- Songkarn Festival (A tradition to pay a respect to the elders in villages)
- Candle Procession Ceremony
3.4 Public health care
- 1 Public health station; Ban Makamloung Public Heath Station located at Moo 2, Ban Makamloung operated by four permanent staffs and a temporary one.
3.5 Life and property safety
- 1 Disaster Relief Center
The main roads include the road connecting with Chiang Mai-Hod Road in the west and another road through Ban Rai and Ban Saimoon in the east. All roads are convenient and accessible.
- 24 Bamboo-concrete roads (17 kilometers)
- 2 Paved roads (7.5 kilometers)
- 17 Unpaved roads ( 12 kilometers)
- Public phone booths
- Telephone system operated by Post Office
97 percent of its households in every village can access to electricity services.
Vision for Development
Lively accommodation… Respectful religions… Advanced education…
Progressive economy… Environmental awareness
1. Conserve natural resources, environment and local tradition
2. Develop infrastructure and public utility
3. Promote villages and Tambon Makamloung for more beautiful and worth-living surroundings
4. Promote and develop all good-standard products
5. Promote and develop human resources
6. Follow the King’s suggestion for development
7. Promote the center of industrial production, handicraft and economic crops
8. Develop the network to link all district, provincial and national levels
9. Build up all good services for the public’s satisfaction
10. Promote local wisdoms, cultures and traditions
11. Promote occupations to the public
12. Promote and develop the sanitary system and environment
13. Promote morals and ethics to the public
14. Promote every educational level based on educational technologies
Policies for development operated by Administrative Organization
1. Conserve natural resources and sustainable environment
2. Develop infrastructure and standard transportation
3. Develop economy and occupation to the public
4. Promote and publicize updated information to the public
5. Promote an education, religion, culture and local wisdom
6. Promote a lively living place and strong community